Tuesday, September 6, 2011

So I used to be a real true crime buff, I don't know why. I've sold off most of my books these days, just because I have too many and it is torture trying to move with them. Anyway, these missing people stories always interest me. Especially when they think it is a Dissociative Fugue state. http://www.depression-guide.com/dissociative-fugue.htm

Even stranger I came across a psych student's theory that it can be brought on by focusing on say your computer, and there is peripheral vision movement that you know what it is, so you ignore. Well he thinks your subconscious brain CANNOT ignore the action, you are suppressing your fight or flight, and that , if done many hours a day, many days a week, (like working WITHOUT cubicle walls) will cause you to have a nervous/mental/psychotic break and that may cause you to have a fugue episode.

He further poses that THAT is why we now have cubicles in workplaces. so huh

Well he thinks these college students are in this situation. The high stress, using a laptop with surrounding distractions= wandering off at 4am never to be found again.   Interesting.

Here is the link of this writer http://www.visionandpsychosis.net/Jennifer_Wilbanks_Disappearance.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment